TS2Ki charts display less than the default no. (500) of days worth of data

Folks

Re: TS2000i charts display less than the default number (500) of days worth
of data

I would much appreciate if an experienced TS2000i user could kindly help me
?

The Omega Research Online User manual says …………

…. “Formatting a symbol - When you’re working with daily data, you specify
the first and last dates for the range to plot in the chart. By default,
your chart will load 500 days of data, starting with the most recent date
available; the chart updates as new data is collected, continuously charting
500 days.”

Q1: My charts rather than loading 500 days of data on a chart by default ….
load approximately 345 days worth of data. The Metastock data files in
question have 10 years worth of data in them.

Does any one know where the default “days of data to load” is set. I’ve
looked in TS and can’t find it any where ….. I’ve also looked in the Windows
registry and can’t see any where obvious there. Any ideas plse how I can get
to see 500 days worth of data on a chart by default ?

Q2: I have successfully created a Third-Party Directory Symbol List which
references my Metastock data files. I have three Symbols in the Symbol list
that all have over 10 years worth of Metastock data in them.  When I attempt
to plot the first of these three symbols I am offered 345 days worth of data
– I then change the “First date” to the first date in the data file – I then
get 10 years worth of viewable data. This is the expected result.

However, if I now move through the symbols in my Third-Party Directory
Symbol List I can only see the default number of days of each of the
subsequent charts. Which in my case is 345 days. I was expecting to be able
to scroll left and right and be able to see all ten years worth of data for
each of the Symbols in my Symbol list.

Is this a problem with my configuration or expected program behaviour – Does
any one know how I can overcome this ?

I’m running TS2000i (Version:  5.00.0822), on Win 98 using EOD data held in
Metastock.

TIA

Regards

John