TS 7.1 Performance

In answer to the performance issue (and a bit more, as it turns out):

 So far, 7.1 works fine for me.  I never went to  TS2000i at all or even
TS6, and have just moved from TS4.  I LOVE not having to worry about data
collection after 13 years of "holding my breath" every market day, and find
my pages load essentially at the same speed as when TS4 was reading my .dat
file.
And now, with direct feeds from CME and CBOT, (after the initial and to be
expected problems get ironed out), data lag will be minimal.

Are there the occasional (very occasional) technological glitches?  Well, I
guess so, (even TS4 and 3.5 crashed every once in a while, and when they
did the loss of data was a  problem especially if you traded intraday), but
if you are expecting a totally seamless, no-problems-at-all-ever trading
experience, I think you are perhaps 25-50 years too early, not only for TS,
but computing in general.  Actually, perhaps computers and software will
always crash.

It is easy to blame the technology when we as traders lose money, but in
reality, if you cannot be profitable with TS (any version at all), or even
with the other (let's be honest here, lesser) contenders, the problem is
with you.  There are some of us left (maybe many), who were profitable
before electronic markets, and if you think today's "interface" is
hindering, you do not realize how great we have got it now.

Fills in 1-2 seconds?  No order filler bucketing my orders, trading ahead
of my orders, playing games with his/her friends in the pit to give me
worse fills than I was entitled to, giving 'unables' when it slightly
trades through my limit claiming 'fast market"?

What we have now is trading Heaven, no matter how imperfect.

Mitch