Re: YOU HAVE BANNED ME - I BAN YOU NOW - I DID NOTHING TO YOU Your "status" with eskimo.com

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: YOU HAVE BANNED ME - I BAN YOU NOW - I DID NOTHING TO YOU Your "status" with eskimo.com
  • From: MT <mtzianos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 10:44:56 -0700

Hi List,

You can check whether "your" IP (if you get assigned a "permanent" one
by your ISP) is in some "realtime block list" (RBL) via the following
http://www.openrbl.org/

Don't know if/which of those RBLs eskimo is using, but Mark's IP seems
to give a positive in 2 RBLs. As explained, the more "strict" RBL
maintainers block all non-permanent IP address pools pre-emptively, as
the spam issue has gotten completely out of hand the last 6-9 months.

The IMMEDIATE fix for Mark or anyone in a similar position, is to just
relay his outbound SMTP via his upward ISP, ie SWBELL, which isn't in
ANY RBL.

If ESKIMO wants to override their RBLs to make an exception for MarkB,
they can add Mark's IP in their sendmail's "local" access file, which
takes precedence over whatever RBL server they are using.

Regards, M