Re: YOU HAVE BANNED ME - I BAN YOU NOW - I DID NOTHING TO YOU Your "status" with eskimo.com

Hello List,

LM> Eskimo has not changed its configuration recently.

yes they did saturday i called them via toll free number and the lady
verified it that because of recent spam they banned the richardson
blocks as it remains this day i just tried to post and i am still
blocked.  67.64.132.234

LM> They do block connections to its mail servers from client-side
LM> broadband IP addresses, as do most responsible ISPs. What this
LM> means in layman's terms is that you can't connect your home (or
LM> office) computer's email client directly to eskimo's mail
LM> server---you instead must route your outgoing mail through your
LM> ISP's relay server, Most of you do this transparently as part of
LM> whatever you did when you set up your email account with your ISP.

but what happens when you are your own isp like i am?  that would be
the equivalent of me demanding that ESKIMO.COM use only SPRINTLINK.NET
as a mailer.  they get their bandwidth from Sprint like I do as well I
get it from SBC.  this is really stupid and not common practice.
ISP's should at least ban on dnsbl blacklist and relay list but not
take it upon themselves to take a pot shot at zillions of IP blocks.

LM> What "changed" last Saturday is that for some reason Mark tried to
LM> make such a connection, and received the standard denial SMTP notice.

no i have not changed anything on my end for years now.

>> Mr. Admin Eskimo.com got spammed by someone in my area "a really big
>> area" so he decided to block and entire region of the country.

LM> The block was not in response to any specific spam; it's standard
LM> practice to block client-side connections.  To allow such connections
LM> would be an invitation to spammers, so they're generally blocked
LM> preemptively.

if you hang out in the news group news.admin.net-abuse.email you will
see that recently ESKIMO.COM banned all hotmail.com accounts also.
they have no clue how to properly block so they are just grouping
everyone together and banning everyone. STUPID STUFF THIS METHOD.

>> So until someone can reason with Eskimo.com to white list my STATIC
>> IP's all kinds of weirdness can be expected.

LM> Eskimo DID whitelist your IP; I was copied on several emails from the
LM> owner to you explaining that he had, in fact, put you on the
LM> whitelist. I know you received those emails, because you quoted them
LM> in subsequent invective directed back at Eskimo.  He certainly cut
LM> you more slack than I would have after your flood of abusive language.

AGAIN check with the nut I am still blacklisted as of today
67.64.132.234  this should never have happened.  you ban the spammer
not the world.

--
Thank You,
Mark Brown