April Fools?

I got up at 6:15 am PDT, turned on my system and saw this message from
TS.  I checked the calendar, but it wasn't April 1.  Of course, the
Trade Desk line was busy and the customer servicequeue was backed up.

Let's see, BS is a BIG corporation with huge resources and the ability
to put in place super redundant systems.   What does this say about BS,
its commitment to its customers and TS? (Service was restored around
7:10 am EDT.)

ATTENTION:  Equities Brokerage Clients

Our clearing firm, Bear Stearns, has informed us that they experienced
an issue processing TradeStation trades yesterday (May 27, 2003).  Any
trades done via TradeStation on Friday, May 23rd were processed again
last night.  As a result, balances for accounts that executed trades on
Friday may be incorrect in the Trade Manager.

We are working with Bear Stearns to correct the situation.  UNTIL THEN
EQUITIES AND FUTURES TRADING HAS BEEN SUSPENDED.  We will inform you of
any updates to this situation.

If you have any questions regarding your account, please contact the
trade desk at Trade Desk (800) 871-3563 or (954) 652-7915.