Re: Band-its...?

In a message dated 5/20/03 12:00:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ianwaugh@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Could I please direct the curious and interested parties to the second
 chart on this page http://mktcycles.com/faq.php and ask if anyone knows
 what sort of indicators may be at work, particularly for the thick black
 central trend line?

 Thoughts on the other indicators also welcome.

 Thank you.

Ian,

The central black trend line and the red line are probably moving averages of
one type or another.  You could construct a chart and try various averaging
lengths to see if you can find averaging lengths which match the charts you
referenced.  The green lines are, as he stated, 1, 2 and 3 standard
deviations of price from the trend lines.  The indicator(s) plotted
separately at the bottom of the chart shows, I believe, the difference
between price and the black and red lines shown on the price chart.

Lee Scharpen