data-outage alert

Hi,

I've friend, whom I asked to program for me a little tool that alerts me
if - for a specific symbol and for a def. time - I haven't received no data.

This alert will be data-provider independent (for windows anyhow).
It will use the way you connect for example EXCEL to the program that receives
the data. (That means if this is not possible, this littel tool might not
work!).
Planed price in the range of a shareware prg (~ 15 - 25 $ I assume, not my
decision).

If you are interested, please drop me a note containing "data-outage alert"
in the subject line.
Calli