Re: Problem loading data from Globserver

> I just downloaded daily data for the Dax index from Esignal using
> Dynaloader.  I had data from 9/13/2002 and I got new daily data
> going back to 1/4/1999.  But when I try to load this new data,
> tradestation only goes back to 9/13/2002.  No matter what I do, I
> cannot get it to load the new data.
>
> Anyone have any insight to this problem?

I'd bet it's due to TS's stupid method of managing its different
data types.  TS2k and I think TS6/7 store data in ticks, 1min
bars, 5min bars, and daily bars.  If you have some data for one
format, e.g. 5min bars, but in other periods you only have tick
data, TS isn't smart enough to use the data that exists in the
entire period.  Nor is it smart enough to say "gee, I started out
plotting 5min data, but the 5min data ends here.  But there's
1min or tick data in that period, so I'll use that."  It just
gives you a data hole, even though a chart plotted at a different
bar size might plot just fine.

In your case it sounds like you're trying to display daily bars,
but you have sub-day data for 9/13/02 and after, and TS is trying
to use the tick/1min/5min data to build this chart, though that
would be very odd if you're telling it to build daily bars.  I
don't think it generally uses sub-day data to build daily bars.
Try importing only tick/1min/5min data and tell it to plot daily
bars and you won't get anything.

You can export tick data and re-import it to have TS build 1min
and 5min data, but it doesn't seem to rebuild daily bars.  If you
need daily bars, I'm not sure what you can do other than reload
all your data.

Gary