Re: AW: when a strategy breaks the max drawdown

Hi Gary,
If TS computes drawdown as CurrentOpenEquity - MaxClosedEquity then TS does
NOT calculate the MTM Maximum Drawdown.

To calculate the MTM (mark-to-market) Maximum Drawdown, TS would need to
calculate:
I_OpenEquity - Max(I_OpenEquity,I_OpenEquity[1]))

If you want, I can build you a simple example that shows the TS max draw
versus the MTM maximum drawdown and this has always been the problem of TS,
even today. For short term systems, the difference between TS max draw and
MTM max draw is not much but for longer term systems...well, the difference
is like chalk and cheese.

Rob Bianchi
r.bianchi@xxxxxxxxx

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:51:57 -0600
From: "Gary Fritz" <fritz@xxxxxxxx>
Hi Gary,
The true MTM maximum drawdown is defined as:
Maximum Equity