Re: How clean is TS 7 data?

--- indextrader <indextrader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm having trouble with too many bad ticks with
> 2000i and am wondering if
> the tradestation 7 platform solves this problem? I
> have eSignal which is
> *almost* good but not good enough to leave it
> "hands-off" due to bad ticks.
>
> My main gripe is with individual stock data.

I've used just about everything, on both the retail
and pro fronts.  I've never seen anything have 100%
clean data, and I doubt I ever will.  You'll always
need human interaction to prevent all the possible
errors from bad data.  Meaning that the only way you
can know your system will be executed perfectly
(ignoring bad data) is to have it automatically traded
by a broker (which raises another whole set of
issues).

Esignal is probably about as clean as you're going to
find, in my experience.

=====
Brian J. Haag
brian_haag@xxxxxxxxx