Re: Make it Easy

Blitz wrote:
> Why not make it easy on yourself and just add spammers to your "blocked
> sender" list?

Because it does nothing about the spam problem.  What you're doing is
essentially what the spammers want you to do: "Don't complain to my ISP!
If you don't want the just hit your delete key. Or unsubscribe."

By the way, unsubscribing is almost always a mistake.  All it does is
verify to the spammer that your address is a live deliverable address,
making it more valuable to sell to other spammers.

Spam is a problem growing out of control.  AOL estimates that 30% of the
money their customers pay go to protecting AOL's servers and customers
from spam.

When I have the time, I make formal complaints.  Occasionally the spammer
loses the account.  I have a few "kills" under my belt over the past
couple years.

Some spam is a waste of time to complain about (like anything originating
from att.net, uunet.net, or from Asia [chinanet.cn.net, kornet.net,
etc.]).  For those I do something similar to what you suggest: block them.
 But they don't just go into the trash, they bounce back to the sender.

-Alex