Re[3]: DTN caught with pants down Sunday night ?

Frank,

So what you are telling me is you don't use DTN satellite and have
never talked to their tech people.  They have some good ones and some
that aren't so good.

Yes Tradestation got us a new file at the last minute or just after it
three times this year.  The last one doesn't work correctly but it is
a big improvement over crashing all day.  They either don't support TS2ki
anymore or only sort support it or something.  So that is what we have to live
with or move on.  Personally I get a bit tired of people bashing
Wealth Lab as it may be something we all need badly later on.

After a while we get a bit tired of either Tradestation crashing us or
DTN crashing us.  Fortunately DTN is a very good vendor so it is only
frustrating when you have a lot of problems with TS2ki due to
Tradestation.

Now a part of being on this list is knowing as much as we can about
Tradestation products and problems and also related and very important
vendors like Data Feed Vendors.

Jimmy Snowden

Frank> DTN has to eventually upgrade its datafeed from
Frank> time to time, and the software developers that use the feed have to
Frank> anti-up and follow suit.

Frank> Perhaps you should question the DTN GS DLL patches that were released
Frank> on a timely manner (surprisingly) from TS.  Perhaps there is a need for
Frank> another patch.  Perhaps there is something wrong with the older ones.

Frank> I don't think the DTN guys can do anything
Frank> about it since they didn't develop the Global Server, and DTN can't
Frank> just sit on its hands as TS2000i slowly rots.

Frank> Tuesday, April 01, 2003, 11:28:02 AM, you wrote:

JS>> Yep! I talked to one of them this morning.  You can't get the good
JS>> ones on the phone as they are busy.  The ones that don't know anything
JS>> are available most of the time.  I had most quotes this morning but
JS>> the emini's didn't start until 8:40 CST.  No clue if it was them or
JS>> the GS.

JS>> Then again Tradestation sent me the new DTN file to solve my volume on
JS>> tick charts problem.  My Volume Problem.  Another tech with no
JS>> knowledge.

JS>> Jimmy Snowden

JS>> Tuesday, April 1, 2003, 1:11:06 PM, you wrote:

Mike>>> Doesn't it really make you angry when you call your data provider and their tech support just himms and haws and beats around the bush and acts totally clueless as to why some of our TS global
Mike>>> servers crashed on Monday early morning --- and now all of us will see different session start and end times for European market indices on our charts . . . .

Mike>>> After consulting the German bourse I was informed that all European exchanges change over to "daylight savings" time on the last Sunday of March each year --- that means you loose an hour ---
Mike>>> no wonder my DAX charts are all off.

Mike>>> It's obvious DTN's new programming interface was not prepared this time and took a hit --- TS users had problems --- don't know about DTN Chameleon users --- but I get the feeling talking to
Mike>>> these techs they don't really give a hoot about TS users that we are like a dying breed . . .

Mike>>> If DTN was really on top of it they would have already told their technicians what to tell their customers ---- and just own up to their DTN system malfunctioning when Europeans rolled to
Mike>>> daylight savings time --- it's not like the first time this has ever happened --- it happens twice each year for lotsa years back.

Mike>>> So tired of the BS and incompetentcy from these data vendors . . .