Re: Pierre, OT

> Moral of the story ? Way before we saved your asses by invading at
> Normandy ---- Texans saved your entire wine industry from another
> invader and helped France survive.

Ahem.  You are forgetting "the rest of the story."

According to http://www.reservaycata.com/ingles/press292.htm,
http://wine.about.com/library/weekly/aa052900.htm, and many other
sources, the Phylloxera plant louse that decimated the French
wine industry **ORIGINATED** in America.

So the invader that America rescued France from was, in fact, an
American.

I will leave the delicious ironies between this "rescue," and
rescuing Iraq from a problem that the U.S. created (remember the
Iran-Contra episode?), as an exercise for the reader.

Now, I agree with Lawrence Price's very sensible suggestion.
Let's leave the politics for the political discussion groups and
stick to trading on this list.

Gary