Problem with Easy Language's Text_GetFirst

I was able to verify a TS4 EL indicator EL code which used
Text_GetFirst(2) in TS2000i's PowerEditor..   But when I tried to use
the newly verified indicator, I found that Text_GetFirst(2) couldn't
find any of the user written text strings on a chart.  Text_GetFirst(2)
returned a zero value.  It still couldn't find any text strings when I
set the argument to 3.
However, when I set the argument to 1, as in Text_GetFirst(1), it was
able to find the first text object written by an analysis technique.
Has anyone encountered this problem wiht Text_GetFirst?  And if so,  is
there a way to get this function to work properly  in TS200i  (the
function works OK in TS4).

Josh