Re: SECURITY -- WebWasher for safe browsing ?

Mark Jurik wrote:
>I came across what seems to be a powerful filter for live web
>browsing.  It's called WebWasher and non-commercial end users can
>use it for FREE. The product description (a small PDF file) is at:

WebWasher hasn't been updated in about 2 years now, and it routinely
misses things -- especially some browser traps where you close a
window and new ones pop up.  Several months ago I abandoned it in
favor of Proxomitron (also free), which does much, much more than
WebWasher, is fully programmable, but has a steeper learning curve.
What I like best about Proxomitron is its ability to disable pop-ups
while a page loads, but re-enable them when you use the page so that
pop-up help windows and such will still work.

http://www.proxomitron.org

-Alex