RE: Re[2]: The Due Effect

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Michael Stewart [mailto:michaelstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Envoye : vendredi 28 fevrier 2003 21:18
A : Omega; Pierre Orphelin
Objet : Re[2]: The Due Effect

Hello Pierre,

My experience is that the French have 'tools' for everything.
===
Yes, we call this civilization. But we are not always proud of it.

Trouble is they don't always work. If it was so very 'easy' why
doesn't anyone else have the answer especially since this subject has
been discussed for 5 years+ ?

Stop being a tart and give us some pointers.
====

Working  with phantom equity curve can be used with some succes in:

- Money management techniques (  vary position size according an indicator based
on it)
- Trend/Trading range detection: Use two // equity curves in the same code
running on a trend and  trading range specific signal, then build your own trend
trading range indicator from these equity curves.
- Realtime optimization, running  an array of // equity curves
-Dynamic System  switching, see above.
-Variable compression bars, based on the // equity curve of a traded  system.
Then run the system on the modified bars.
( To be released soon- May2003 I hope) as well as other synthetic bars codes for
TS).

Of course the worst example is  to cut position according  to // equity curve
moving average behavior. Great to accumulate lags problems.

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com
Tradestation 2000i, TradeStation 6 sales and support
Safir-X, neurofuzzy logic trading system builder

To subscribe to our FREE trading system newsletter:
http://www.sirtrade.com/newsletter.htm
Next issue: November 2002