Re: Security Alert -- Outlook Express

Thanks Mark, your attention to security updates is always welcome.

I (and quite a few other O List members) have been using an e-mail
client called The_Bat! for a while now and I would commend it for the
security-conscious. It does not suffer from the many vulnerabilities
that plague Outlook - it seems every worm is written with Outlook in
mind as the distribution mechanism. The Bat! is immune to worm-type
viruses and has a 30 day free trial www.ritlabs.com/the_bat.

You have to pay for it (around $40) and you have to take the time to
learn to use it, but is is time well spent IMHO. No affiliation etc.

Other security that works:

www.grc.com is an excellent source of useful security information and
testing facilities as well as some great downloads.

www.zonelabs.com - firewall (free to home users)

www.grisoft.com - AVG anti-virus (free to home users)

http://security.kolla.de/ - SpyBot spyware killer (free to home users)

And for the more zealous among us, these two are VERY good:

http://proxomitron.cjb.net/ - re-writes web pages on the fly, allowing
you to remove ads, flashing banners, cookies, java scripts, etc, etc.
Uses a localhost proxy, so you will need some understanding of how
they work. Freeware.

www.spampal.org.uk/ - Spam killer, uses a locahost proxy. Freeware.

There is a vast amount of other security software available, but the
above collection has kept my PC clean and secure. Each has useful help
and installation instructions. They all update easily too!

And finally, for those who want the ultimate trading monitor setup:
http://www.9xmedia.com/Pages-products/3000%20-%20trading%20stations.html

--
Best regards,
 Ross                       mail to: ross.bond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx