Re: Fwd: Oddball newbie questions

Hello Carl,

CAS> BUT BE AWARE:
CAS> FutureSource multiplies the outcome with 1000 instead of 100 as
CAS> Oddball does, so @futuresource!: buyZone > 30 and sellZone <10

that is good to know, i finally got that monstrous url you posted for
futuresource tamed and had a look.

CAS> 1.) Use 30 min bars?
CAS> Due to this I want to ask if s.o. has tried to use 30 min bars
CAS> instead of 60 min bars?

i think you will find at times it will outperform hourly both to the
upside and downside. i think the system is pretty flexible and i had a
huge matrix of profitable cousins when testing. i threw a dart and
picked something in the middle of the matrix, thinking giving up some
higher profits would help ensure long term profitability. yet i didn't
want to get to low on the scale, so yes there is some flex there.

CAS> 2.) The email allert comes allong with: This "Model S0007" lets
CAS> me think that code variation no. 7 is used. Is that correct or am
CAS> I wrong? What were the differences?

no that just means it's number 7 in my library of systems.

CAS> 3.) On the Oddball site are code contributions. Are those
CAS> intigrated in the system of the email alert (- I guess not), but
CAS> is anybody trading those variations, and what were the
CAS> experinces?

no they are not in the alert, i have had little experience with vars.

CAS> 4.) I you don't mind, please be so kind to write me about your
CAS> experience trading Oddball.

it's tuff, did i mention it was tuff? my smart ass comment would be
well what the hell it's as good a way to loose your money as any other
system out there and you'll feel better because you didn't pay someone
5000.00 for the same thing. my serious answer would be to use it as a
core method to build upon. it can be wildly profitable, i personally
know of a guy who took 70,000 and ran it up over 1,000,000 first year
since release using some mods and money management - not stops but
leveraging.

i think to be successful with any system you have to have a confidence
level with it. know what it does, so that you can begin to suspect
when it will make a killing and when it may get whacked. it's call the
due effect (trade mark ;) it's what i have lived by. i did not invent
the due effect i was taught it by someone, and it can be quantified. i
think systems are like employees, you have to understand what they do
well and what they don't and then take it at that. you will never get
a perfect employee but that doesn't mean that they can't get the job
done.

CAS> 5.) Mark Brown has also his AMMA (Auto Adapting MA), does anybody
CAS> has any experience trading or testing this system?

in spite of all my efforts to smooth data yet have no lag i have no
perfect answer. the aama is much further along these days and soon i
will try and post another version on the site. i don't recommend it as
a stand alone system, but as a system filter. frankly it's beautiful
to look at but it makes no more money than simple gambler indicators
when proper thought logic is applied.

CAS> I appologize for this email, because I think it does not meet the
CAS> purpose of this list and I thank you very much for your patinece,

stupider things have been asked, belive me.  well we should be getting
a fuzzie advertisement any minute now hang on.

CAS> Carl

ps someone sent me this last night - i looked at the web site and it
seems that they have taken oddball and clyde lee's last hour day trade
model and some other stuff off this list and others to sell, weird.

***************  mail sent to me last night **************

I am utterly disgusted with what you have just sold me. Oddball is not
yours to resell nor is any of the other systems you claimed to have
developed in your package. All the information you sold are available
or posted on Omega list, Realtrader list etc at some time or other and
are neither original work as you claimed or yours to resell!!!

I  am  a close associate of Mark Brown. I have contacted him regarding
this  matter  and  I  demand  a full refund immediately in the next 24
hours  or  I will have my attorney fill complaints with the CFTC, NFA,
and  my credit card company. I will also block payments form my credit
card firm.

I hope you stop defrauding innocent people with your unethical
promotional offers and site.

X. XXXXXXX

funny i feel the same way about larry williams for some reason.

--
Best regards,
 Mark                            mailto:markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx