Re: downloading from finance.yahoo.com

Mike:

>I'm searching for two things. One what is the explicit
>format of ascii data to load that data into the global
>server, and two is there a page that details the options
>for pulling data from finance.yahoo.com?

For that last question, go to my page
http://unicorn.us.com/trading/quotes.html

...and look at the page source for the yahoo quotes.

Yahoo used to have options that let you select whether to get a web
page or a comma-delimited text file, choose the file extension, etc.
That no longer works.  Now it just gets a comma-delimited textfile.

The format for the HTTP query is
http://chart.yahoo.com/table.csv?a=M1&b=D1&c=Y1&d=M2&e=D2&f=Y2&g=X&s=S&q=q&x=.csv&y=0&z=data

where

M1=start month (0-11)
D1=start day of month
Y1=start year
M2=end month (0-11)
D2=end day of month
Y2=end year
X= d=daily, w=weekly, m=monthly, v=dividends
S= stock symbol

The other things might be optional but they're the complete options.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com