Re: Oddball oddities

Advance Decline statistics differ among the various providers due to the
definitions that vary among them.

Many publish the gross advance declines (including all of the securities traded
on the exchange, regardless of type) and others remove the advance decline
numbers the issues which are not strictly pure individual equities, i.e..
preferreds, etc., on the assumption that changes due to interest rates and/or
other factors are not indicative of equity changes.

Richard Funkhouser