Re: $SPX vs. ES in Oddball

Hello jack,
What vehicle do you use to actually trade the cash $SPX?

jz> I have noticed, through the months that I have traded a variation of OB,
jz> that results when using  cash prices ($SPX) vs. e-minis are consistently
jz> better with cash.  The profitable cash trades are about 30% larger than the
jz> identical signals for e-minis; the losers are about 40% less for cash than
jz> the e-minis (exclusive of commissions).  Obviously the choice of trading
jz> vehicle can be the difference between a winning outcome vs. a losing
jz> experience, even though the trades are triggered identically.  The more one
jz> trades, the bigger the difference of  final cumulative outcomes.  Cash S&P's
jz> and e-minis may look alike, but they are different animals.   Unless you are
jz> careful, you can turn a winning system into a  loser.  Try comparing them
jz> for yourself.
jz> Regards,  Jack.

--
Best regards,