Re: Aberration - Trend systems

I dropped Monsieur le Président de la République a line, but he has yet to
get back to me. Thanks for the address.

I read an article in Friday's Investor's Business Daily and was curious why
a man nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize would invite a dictator into
polite society. The European Union has a travel ban on Robert Mugabe's
murderous regime, but Chirac lifted the restrictions so Mugabe could attend
this weeks Franco-African human rights conference.

Mugabe's been given an entire wing of a luxury hotel in Paris, complete
with security guards to shield him from protestors. While he's stuffing
himself with fine cusine, millions in his country are being systematically
starved by keeping food from political opponents. Chirac's government has
ignored a formal request for Mugabe's arrest under France's anti-torture
laws.

Chirac has a history of coziness with tyrants that goes back more than 25
years and includes ties with Saddam Who's-not-so-Sane. I wonder if that has
anything to do with France's stance on Iraq today?

Merci