Re: Assumptions

Even a random signal generator can have a winning streak of 20 trades
in the course of 3 months  --enough to sell the sale to the
late-90s-boom online trader crowd still lurking about and
now getting into systems (since their cats can't make them money anymore
by walking over their keyboards.)

So they're now collecting technical software, buying systems, following gurus,
and making love with Stochastics and the MACD.  Some will have a
winning streak of 20 trades in the course of 3 months.  When they give
it all back, they'll begin to realize that the book they need is not
published, the indicator they want is not known, the software they
wish to have is not available, the system they want is secret,
and the only guru they can rely on is themselves.

People who can't help themselves from following other people should follow a boss between 9 and 5, instead.