Using the Dax for S&P daytrading

As a result to my reply to the "RE: Non-US Futures Data in TradeStation"
thread, some people were curious as to how I use the Dax for trading the
S&P. In a nutshell, I consider the big indexes as a measurement of global
market sentiment, which is why the major indexes go the same direction most
of the time, whether European or American. Once the SP opens, the Dax and
SP move practically the same. So my specific use for the Dax is: if the S&P
open up right on a S&R level, and I therefore have no real way to know if
the level will be support or resistance, I compare the S&P and Dax chart,
and use the Dax chart as if it would be the S&P to decide...

Phil
www.sp-levels.com