Re[2]: Mark Brown UPS?

This may be wrong, but don't worry, someone here will correct it:

Suppose that the total continuos wattage your computer equipment
attached to the inverter will be 1000 watts.

Calculate the battery's amp/hour reserve power.  You can get this from
the battery specs.  The Optima D34 Marine gel
battery has reserve capacity of 120 minutes.  So:

Amp/Hours = 120*0.3 = 36 amp/hours per D34 battery

Since it takes about 10 DC amps for 1 AC amps of power use, estimate maximum
battery power required as follows:

Continuous load (watts) / 10.

In this example:

1000 watts/10 = 100 amp/hour draw.

So, 100/36 = 2.77 or 3 D34M batteries required to run 1000 watts of
equipment for just over 1 hour.