Alerts on Tradestation 2000i

Hi everyone!

I am trying to write an indicator which checks each tick whether the price
is crossing over a certain level and gives an instant alert (i.e. does not
wait till the end of the bar until alerting me). Normally, the problem with
this is that TS2000i will fire the alert on each tick for which the
condition is true until the the bar finishes. This is obviously very
annoying.

A have been directed to the following website which contains a DLL routine
called "DoOnce" which is supposed to solve this problem:
implement it and it's still not working. I'm not a very gifted programmer so
I am probably doing something silly. (I don't really understand any of this
DLL stuff.) Could someone be so kind as to take a look at it and tell me how
I ought to write my routine? I am assuming that the DLL might be interesting
to plenty of other people in this forum as well.

Basically, what I want is something like:

If close crosses over x then alert;

But, of course, it should only alert once.

I hope I'm not being too demanding.

Thanks a lot.

Timo