Re: IB TWS problem with stops

Is there a way to fail-safe this problem?  I can understand wanting
to place a stop order at the same time one places an entry order, so
that if your power goes out, your network goes down, your computer
blows up, or whatever, you still have that stop order protecting
you.

However, If your data feed is running and everything's working fine
on your end, the software can place a market order to close an open
position, duplicating the already-open stop order.  That way, since
both orders would be "to close," if one of them executes, the other
should simply fail and not execute because there's no position to
close.

On the other hand, does IB make an adjustment to your account if
the stop order doesn't convert to a market order after the price is
touched?

I don't use IB, but I'm considering them.

-Alex