Re: Win2000Pro to WinXp Pro Upgrade

Ross,

I loved Windows 2000 Pro and I think I still love XP Pro, but I do not
like all the tweaking it takes to make it run as well as 2000.  I
really don't like the constant efforts to connect to the mother ship.
Mother ship as in Microsoft.  A firewall is absolutely necessary to
stop this crap.  There are tons of updates that are supposed to help
you stay protected from hackers but it would seem a good firewall,
virus protection and spyware software might be as good or better.  If
I had to do it again I would have stuck with 2000 in spite of the
better comparability XP has with new hardware or in some cases
doesn't.

I sure wouldn't spend more than $1.00 to buy XP Pro if I had 2000 Pro
running.

Jimmy Snowden