Re[4]: C Converter, DOS to Windows

Mike & Kent,

Thank  you  for your input. I guess I was hoping someone had
solved  some  of these problems. I was a project manager for
such a project about 10 years ago. I decided then, to port a
DOS  very  large  application  rather  than redesign for the
Windows  event driven system. That software made it into our
customers hands but looking back at it now, it was nightmare
to  maintain.  Gee,  I  remember now, that application would
compile  and  link  for  either  DOS  or  Windows 95! What a
nightmare.

Since I personally maintain the application we are disussing
today, I have a strong desire not to repeat that one path.

Given that, what is the easiest developement enviroment. for
developing a vanilla Window user interface with access to my
private  Data  base  engine. I know I can port the non event
driven  code,  like  the  DB  engine, and the other non user
interface codes.

I  have  not played in this C++ world in about 10 years now.
Or should it be Java, or net or ???

Wish me luck,
Ernie ebonugli@xxxxxxxx