RE: 3rd party data in TS6

Pinnacle can only work with 2000i without some extra work.

For TS6 you need to export the data to .csv (with some tweaks to the
output format) and write a DLL to get data from the .csv file and
some EasyLanguage code to interface to it.  I did this recently for a
client.

I talked to Pinnacle's owner (Ed Pavia) about this last week.  He
thought this approach would be too complex except for folks
comfortable with EZL programming, he's probably right.

What would be interesting would be to decipher the interfaces which
TS6 uses to request data and write something which would intercept
those calls and route them to another provider.  This would let you
use 3rd party data by specifying the symbol in the usual TS dialog
fashion and avoid the EZL coding.

Cheers,
Brendan
---