Re: quiet cpu fan

From: "Ivo Karindi" <ivo@xxxxxxxxx>

> SJE> I'm generally happy with my new pc, except the ThermalTake Volcano 6
cpu fan
> SJE> is way too loud.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a quiet cpu
fan for
> SJE> an AMD Athlon XP2100+ processor?
>
> Tomshardware.com ran a test on AMD fans a few weeks ago. The results
> show that the most efficient and quiet *fan* was Vantec VA4-C7040, but
> of course nothing beats liquid as others suggest. Depends on what you
> want to spend.

liquid still needs fans to cool the liquid. Friend of mine bought a new
dell computer last week and it beats my liquid cooled system by far.

My liquid koolance system still uses 3 fans for the radiator, 1 fan for
the vga card (wich can be replaced also by liquid ofcourse) but it
also has fans in the power suply. Those last 2 can be replaced i
noticed by VK's post... a fanless power suply.....

But when buying a new pc, go for the A brand. Dell is realy quiet.
They have been for years actualy. Adding liquid cooling and noiseless
fan's realy is a waste of time if you can start of with a quiet machine.
(talking about the 4550 model here, the 2350 is a little louder probably
because it's the cheaper model)

greetings