Re: ts4 date problem

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at  8:31:23AM -0500, Chris Cheatham wrote:
> This am, my ts4/dynaastore/esig computer charts were messed up;
> somehow last night at midnight the date stamp went from 1-16 to
> 1-18. How could this happen? This computer is a very new win 2000
> install and has no email interaction, so I really don't think it is
> a virus.
>
> I restarted today and all seems fine except that I have all this
> 1-18 data to delete.
>
> Any ideas?

Chris,

I assume this has not happened to you before.  I'm using Dynastore
with TS4 and DTN, so your experience makes me curious if there are
any similarities in the date/timestamp problems I experience.

You've probably deleted all the bad data by now, but if you ever
experience this problem again, it might help to note the following:

Did ALL the data after the initial bad date stamp have the bad date,
or just some number of ticks?

Does your computer use any external time syncronization software?

Was the computer clock itself wrong during or after this incident?

TS4 uses the datafeed timestamp, and Dynastore uses the computer
clock to timestamp the incoming data, so presumably Dynastore
thought your computer clock read 1-18.  Answers to the questions
above might help point to the source of the problem.

Of course, you're hoping the problem never occurs again... :)
But if it does, let us know as many details as you can.

Cheers,

Jim