Australian listers

Hi folks,

A friend of mine is shortly relocating to WA (somewhere south of Perth) and
has asked me if I know anything about the availability of datafeeds and
internet connection delivered via satellite. The extent of my knowledge is
that Telstra offers satellite internet but I don't know anything about
speeds and reliability etc so I thought I would ask the list. Any pointers
to informational resources or other advice would be very gratefully
received.

TIA

iain