Converting .els to .ela (Dyn. Momentum Index)

I've changed a number of words to make this Dynamic Momentum Index formula
work as an .ela but there is one verification error that I don't understand.
Below is the formula:
============
Input: RSIPerio(14);
Variables: VolaIndex(0), TimePeriod(0), DYMOI(0), OverBought(70),
OverSold(30), middle(50);

IF (stddev(close,5) / xaverage(stddev(close,5),10)) <> 0 THEN
    VolaIndex = stddev(close,5) / xaverage(stddev(close,5),10) {get
VolaIndex for RSI TimePeriod} ELSE
    VolaIndex = 1;

TimePeriod = round((RSIPerio / VolaIndex),0); {get integer for TimePeriod}

DYMOI = rsi(close,TimePeriod); {get Dynamic Momentum Index from RSI with
variable TimePeriod}

plot1(DYMOI,"DYMOI");
plot2(OverBought,"OverBought");
plot3(OverSold,"OverSold");
plot4(middle,"Middle");
The verification error is on the line before the plot statements begin...on
the word "TimePeriod" as in DYMOI=rsi(close,TimePeriod);

The error message is: "error #252    only a number or an input allowed here"

This is refering to the variable TimePeriod, and I don't know enough about
Easy Language to know if it's mainly a difference between the TS2000i power
editors' way of handling formulas and the TS4 power editors' way  or just
something wrong or misprinted in the formula.

I'd appreciate it if someone could help with this.

John