Re: TradeStation 6 and 7 USELESS for Automated Trading

From: "Progster" <progster@xxxxxxxxx>

> 1.  Any strategy set for automated operation WILL fail at some point when
> the strategy's idea of your position disagrees with your actual position.
> This is because strategies have NO IDEA what your actual position is.
They
> just guess, and eventually the guess is wrong.  Period.  When the
'position
> match' goes FALSE, the strategy stops operating.

Then you understand mechanical trading wrong. With mechanical trading
you are not allowed to have any IDEA of what the market will or will not
do. You close out all the feelings you might have and you only do what
your system tells you to do. Else why waste time on backtesting and
development etc. etc. if finaly you are going to have your own idea's
anyway ????

> 2.  Even a skilled programmer cannot work around the problem imposed by
the
> Automation Engine (See #1).  EasyLanguage does not offer access to factual
> data on the trader's actual positions.

Again, the traders actual position is only important for the system
if the position is generated by the system.

> 3. TradeStation Technologies, Inc. (if I am referring to the appropriate
> entity here), has not committed to fix this problem, ever.  They offer
only
> the usual, if I may paraphrase, "thank you for your comments, we are
always
> considering ways to improve the platform" commentary on this CRIPPLING
> issue.

Why correct something that is not wrong ? How ever would you backtest
500 historical trades if you want to influence each trade by yes or no
allready in a position.

> If these are not true facts, I'd like to be corrected by the members of
this
> list.

There are 2 way's of trading. Mechanical and intuitive. TS is a very usefull
tool for both the intuitive and mechanical trader. You however expect that
your intuitive thoughts can be "brought in to" a mechanical system. That is
not the way it works.

> My own conclusions, based on the above facts:

My conclusion, you do not realy understand what automated trading is.
You want to mix intuition with automation, something wich in my
opinion, looking from the backtesting side of it, will never be possible.

Greetings,

Henry