Re: Monitor

I've been using multi-monitor cards for day-trading for over 10 years, and
during that time have used dozens of (CRT) monitors.  My response to this
Email:

1.  This NEC monitor has a 0.28 mm grill.  My experience is that the images
with monitors having this large a grill or larger often look fuzzy in detail
to my eyes; also, I watch the screen some 7 hrs/day, and when I use this
kind of monitor, I get the impression that my eyes hurt more than usual. I
prefer a smaller grill, around 0.20-0.24.  I have bought such 21" monitors
on eBay for $150-200.  The two 21" monitors I'm now using are a Hitachi and
a Viewsonic, and I'm also using a 19" KDS and a 15" Sony (for order entry).

2.  Several years ago, I bought 4 NEC monitors for use with a multi-monitor
card, and within a year or two, conveniently after the lapse of the NEC
warranty, one after another of them all started having the same problem.  I
contacted NEC, and they told me bluntly: Warranty has expired, you're on
your own.  I haven't bought another NEC product since then.