Re: Avoid reentering

Ray Gurke pointed out that I misunderstood the original problem; he
wanted to keep from exiting if the entry signal was still good, not keep
from entering a new contract with a new entry signal.

The approach is still the same.  You have an entry signal.  Just as you
would check marketposition against your entry signal to determine if a
new position should be entered, you would check your entry signal
against your exit signal to determine if a position should be exited.

Example:

sig = ShortAverage - LongAverage;
{entry}
if marketposition <= 0 and sig > 0 then buy;
if marketposition >= 0 and sig < 0 then sell;
{exit}
if [exit long condition] and marketposition > 0 and sig <= 0 then ExitLong;
if [exit short condition] and marketposition < 0 and sig >= 0 then ExitShort;

...where the exit conditions are something you have to create.

-Alex

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com