Re: Trailing Stops

If you are encountering these problems, then do the following:

Go to a lower resolution data. (If you're using daily bars change to 60 min
or 30 min etc.)
Write your stops into your code and just don't use the built-in stops.
Should reduce/eliminate any such problem.

IndexTrader

> >stops.  I would appreciate references to good written discussions and
> >easylanguage code examples.  Thanks in advance.
> >

> > Would someone please address the issue of why use of trailing stops in
> >backtesting is a *mistake*?
>
> The problem is that using trailing stops in backtesting is very likely to
produce results that are much higher than the same system would have
achieved in real time.