OFF TOPIC: routers and modem setup strings

Sorry for the off topic post, but I thought someone might have some insight
for me. I am setting up a new dsl/cable router, a SMC Barricade. Seems to be
an excellent product so far. One of its features is a backup dial-up
connection via an external modem. If dsl goes down, it dials on the modem.
Only thing is, it requires modem setup strings to make it work. I have a
list of the strings from the modem manufacturer (creative modem blaster) but
they say they don't know which ones to use, and SMC says they don't know
which ones to use either. I've tried lots of combinations, but cannot get a
connection.  I am trying to connect to swbell dialup. Anyone have any advice
on this?

Thanks,
Chris

p.s. BTW, the SMC works wonderfully with IB, unlike my experience with
Linksys.