RE: MS Access "downloader" driver

Colin,

there are various ways to do this but I suggest that you select an option
that you are comfortable with. If you are versed in Java, you can use an
URLConnection. If you are familiar with Microsoft technology, you can do
something easy with Excel and VBA. Just type your signals into, say, column
A and then in your VBA code, loop through with the following code, which
will download from Yahoo. The following will get quotes from Yahoo beginning
at a certain date:

' Retrieve Yahoo Quotes
        On Error Resume Next
     With
ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:="URL;http://chart.yahoo.com/table.cs
v?s=" & sSymbol & "&a=" & StartMonth & "&b=" & StartDay & "&c=" & StartYear
& "&d=" & EndMonth & "&e=" & EndDay & "&f=" & EndYear &
"&g=d&q=q&y=1&x=.csv", Destination:=Range("A1"))
        .FieldNames = True
        .RowNumbers = False
        .FillAdjacentFormulas = False
        .RefreshOnFileOpen = False
        .BackgroundQuery = False
        .RefreshStyle = xlInsertDeleteCells
        .SavePassword = False
        .SaveData = True
        .Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
    End With

When you get the results into your SS, just save it into access using
something simple like ADODB.

Sincerely,
Wes Williams