Re: adaptive entries, exits. MLE, QMLE est. in Stoch. Vol. models

ok, going to add more in hope that someone could help out.
i use the following log range stochastic volatility model,
Rn = mr + p(Rn-1 - mr) + b*et
where
R is normally distributed with mean mr
Rn-1 last bar log range
mr is mean of log range
p - is persistence parameter ( mean reg. coeff )
Rn - current bar log range
et - normally distributed innovations ( disturbances ) N[0,1]
b - innovation std parm

this is a near gaussian log model with three parameters:
mr, p and b.  mr need not to be estimated.
1. i need to be able to estimate p and b with mr known.
2. i need to be able to estimate b only with p and mr known.
  the second case is more important to me...

from what i can infer, in case 1. the best estimator for this model
is quasi-maximum likelihood estimator or straight max.
likelihood estimator. however in case 2. i am not sure that i need
mle/qmle for that since i only need to estimate one parm, might be
able to accomplish that with transformation.

so,
i need to be bounce a few mainly math questions, ideas with someone
who knows mle or qmle or stoch volatility models parameter estimation
( similar to arch, garch ). qmle uses kalman but i got some questions
on that technique.
thanks. hope someone out there can help out a bit.
bilo.
ps. this is not garch p,q type model.