Re: QUESTION for Mark Brown - Re: Test_OddBall System Position Change

Hi Oddball fans,

Let me try to wrap up today's threads on Oddball on a pleasant tone.  First,
thanks to Carroll, MT and Richard for suggesting, gently, that I do a better
job on my homework and to get myself hence to Mark's Oddball web site..   I
get his "Oddball alerts" via e-mail and haven't been to his web site since, I
believe, the day he posted that such was available.  At the time either the
TS System report was not there or I missed it completely. All I remember was
a chart with buy sell signals and a list of trade entry/exit points.  Second,
I apologize to MT and any others to whom I might have come across as a
whiner.  I sure did not intend that, particularly with respect to Mark, but
sometimes it happens I guess.

My visit to Marks's web site may even have some value added for those
interested in Oddball.

First, the only difference between my 'version' of Oddball and Mark's is that
I use values for the Buy Zone and Sell Zone which differ from those Mark
discussed in his Active Trader article.  He used (3,1) and I'm using (6,-3).
I hope though that none of you want to know WHY I'm using different values!
<G> (PLEASE NOTE, however,  that my initial question concerning differences
in the TIMING of Oddball signals is NOT a result of the differences in
Buy/Sell zones.  The first thing I did when I noticed the timing difference
was to go back and look at the 'timing' of Signals from my data by
calculating them using the SAME Buy/Sell zone values as Mark.  I sure don't
want to inject any more confusion here. <G>)

Second, the performance report at Mark's site is based on trading $SPX data
while I use the S&P futures.   Any differences in "Performance Reports" then
should be due to either the fact that my BuyZone and SellZone values are
different or because I'm trading the S&P (or e-mini) and his results, as
noted refer to $SPX data.  There is also the POTENTIAL issue of differences
in the Timing of signals referred to earlier .... the origin of which remains
unresolved.

The good news is that for the time period for which Mark lists data, my
performance results are for all practical purposes the same as Mark's.  For
example, translated to S&P points, Mark gives 957 points while I show 946.
He shows 49.1% of trades are profitable and I show 51.5%.  He gives an
avg.win/avg.loss ratio of 2.05 while I show 1.93.
I can't show nice TS System Performance Report pages because I have moved my
Oddball analyses to Excel.  I find that 'platform' more convenient and
flexible looking at different performance aspects and allows me to
conveniently introduce my own.  Besides, tracking cumulative performance over
long periods of time with Trade Station when trading futures is a royal pain
in the a**. <g>
.
So all in all, I am pleased at the results.  Don't know if I would have
gotten there without the comments from you all.  Thank you.

Regards,

Lee Scharpen