RE: It's Official

questions and ideas, just curious ...

1. why the drop in requirements of opening acct?
   - it was $50K for equity acct, it was in the printed ads.
   - then it was $25K for futures acct, that was in the printed ads too.
   - now lowered to $30K and $20K??? Could someone confirm this?

2. the brokerage business was not created by the old omega research,
   it was created by someone else and got merged into TS.
   I presume that original brokerage must got a good reputation.
   Where are the founders of that brokerage now?
   Are they still part of the everyday operation?

3. Comparing CyberTrader to TRAD, CyberTrader software crashes too -
   so without experience using TRAD I cannot say it can be worst :)
   Maybe TSP is more stable than CyberTrader already?

4. BACKUP before applying any patch so you can reverse back
   to the old version.

Lawrence

--- Brian <blink64@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Anyone dumb enough to send them $50k to set up a
> trading account will get what they deserve for being naive. "
>
> Not that I'm defending TRAD but I talked to a rep who said 20K for futures
> with no minimum # of trades to get TS6 and 30K for equities.  So you do a
> few trades each mo and let 20K sit in a tbill.  Don't know about hidden
> costs (like quarterly fees or whatnot) which would make it less atractive so
> read the fine print.  Perhaps the DTN patch is what they're calling Sp6.
> Who  knows.  Want to see some existing functionailty improvements too.

=====
Lawrence Chan   http://www.tickquest.com
Transform market data into opportunities