backup software......again

I know its been discussed before. But is the consensus that XactCopy
from http://www.duocor.com/products.html
is the best and most reliable product? What's the difference between
XactCopy and System Guardian/XC 200, also from the same vendor? Is
XactCopy NT compatible with Win2000?

I have been using a demo copy of System Guardian/XC 200 and it works
flawlessly. I switched to the backup HD and it worked great. My only
hesitation is that I have to dedicate a separate HD completely for the
backup, even if my C drive is smaller.

Symantec Ghost doesn't seem to work so effortlessly and the backup seems
to take place within old DOS. Who needs it.
Any other serious contenders for backup software? I am willing to spend
the money, I want reliability and least amount of  hassle.

Advice would be appreciated.