Re: OFF TOPIC: Networking / Linksys router problems

I'm not a tech person but thought I would share my experience for what it
might be worth.  After a couple of months of trying to make a 3 box network
work with a PPPOE DSL modem and a Linksys router, I gave up on Linksys and
switched to a new D-Link DI-804.  The 804 has worked perfectly from the get
go and is smaller/cheaper than the Linksys.

The possible problem with the Linksys seems to be that after some period of
time, it may overheat even if properly ventilated, causing dropped
connections.  This problem was only apparent after being connected for
several hours and occurred repeatedly, despite upgrades to the latest
firmware.  Trading is difficult enough without have to spend time sorting
through computer, software, router, modem, network, broker server/order
entry system, etc., tracing intermittent connection problems.  If Linksys
works for you - great;  it didn't work for me.

Forewarned is forearmed;  no connection with either product.

Regards,
Jim Alvis