[OT] Questions for the Custom PC Builders

First-timer here.  I'm looking to custom build a P4 1.7ghz machine around
the Asus P4T motherboard.  The case (which comes with front & rear fans) &
power supply I've identified is:
http://www.hansansystems.com/Explorer.htm
reviewed at:
http://www.targetpc.com/hardware/cases/explorer3/

I thought I'd use a 7200 rpm hard drive.

Questions:
- What brand hard drive do you like for maximum stability?
- Is a hard drive cooler necessary or not, with this particular case?
- Is a special CPU cooler a good idea, or just use the one that comes with
many mobo/cpu combos?

Any other tips of the trade?

Thx
Simon.