Re: Oddball system trades

In a message dated 10/19/01 4:29:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
cmjohnsonxx@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Recent trades (my times converted to central to match Mark's):

 oddball site   my setup

 date   time    B/S date    time    B/S
 10/19  11  B
 10/19  10  S
 10/19  9   B   10/19   9   B
 10/17  10  S
            10/17   9   S
 10/15  10  B
            10/15   9   B
            10/11   10  S
 10/11  9   S

 Mark or anyone:  any idea what's happening?  Can it be due to different data
 sources?

 Thanks.

Charles,

I've been dealing with Oddball since introduced to it through  Mark's  posts
the first part of this year.  I also have been watching the results now being
posted by Mark.  I, too, noted differences between what he was posting and
what my 'system' was generating but hadn't tried to sort through it yet.
Using the  parameters Mark used in his original discussion I  couldn't match
some of his signals with my data either (eSignal/TradeStation 2000i).
However, the entry dates/times you posted for YOUR setup DO agree with mine.
I haven't looked carefully at the differences between Mark's entry
dates/times and mine.in terms of   how big differences in the # of advancing
issues would have to be in order to create such differences in the time of
signals.  At first blush I felt that it would have to be differences in the
values for the # of advancing issues in the  2 setups.

The code for this is quite simple and in the  year (roughly) I've been using
it I've never had cause to question what  I've got.  But I DID go back and
check it once again when I first noted the difference between what Mark was
posting and what my setup was telling me.  Found nothing to change on my side.

Regards,

Lee Scharpen