Re: chaos theory

>>"Fractals and scaling in Finance" B.Mandelbrot
>
>:-)

FWIW, my smirk here was nothing personal, rather
directed @ Mandelbrot who claimed to "discover"
the fractal nature of the markets. Parts of his
book look like they were copied from Elliott's
1930's work or Prechter and Frost's 1970's book.
That he used Elliott in his 1990's work is fine,
to not acknowledge where the ideas came from....
well, it's at least worth a smile.

BW

PS: Has Mandelbrot ever traded? For better or worse
Prechter does have an actual (brief) real time, real money
track record from circa the early 1980's to go along
with his consistently bad calls for the 1990's.

BTW, anyone tested out EWave systems? Some Aussies
have a mechanical Elliott system they are selling.