Re: MS Office XP

> Both in Office 2000 and XP this may be tuned up: you may set the
> mode when your documents are opening in the independent new windows
> or at the same MDI window. In both cases, the "Windows" menu allow
> you to handle all opened documents.

I don't have Office 2000 so I can't check it, but the note on the Langa
List specifically said that you COULD NOT do that, even though you COULD
in all other Office 2000 tools.

In fact if you look at
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q230684
you'll see that Microsoft admits Word 2000 supports only the Single
Document Interface and that it cannot be turned off in Word 2000.  They
say that only one executable (Winword.exe) is running, but a separate
taskbar button appears for each document.

Gary