Re: Tops & Bottoms

I'm a DiNapoli fan for sure! I was instrumental in developing much
of Joe's software. I also provide support and training on behalf of Joe
DiNapoli. DiNapoli techniques and software are not the only
ones out there, but I prefer them.

You can search the archives of this email list to see my DiNapoli
relationship: http://www.purebytes.com/cgi-local/swish/swish-cgi.pl

Yes, a confirmation is the safest approach, and is a large part
of my trading.

For example, I may expect to go short at a certain Fib level, say $55.25
based on a daily chart. Then as price rises to the $54 area, I watch
intraday, say on a 60-minute chart. I monitor the MACD and Stochastic,
and use those two to judge whether that Fib level is strong enough
to make the market turn. If those indicators confirm, then the trade is
much more reliable, though you do sometimes enter at a worse price.
Another disadvantage of waiting for confirmation is that sometimes
the trade will get away from you. The advantage of waiting for
confirmation most often outweighs the disadvantages, especially
for the novice trader.

-Neal.